Meet Dr. Nicholas Vero
Nicholas Vero, DDS
For over 40 years, Dr. Nicholas Vero has committed himself to improving the health of his patients through conservative laser dentistry and state-of-the-art technology. As a professional, educator, and prosthodontist, Dr. Vero’s reputation has continued to grow in the community. He exceeds his patients’ expectations in all aspects of care, from the simplest preventive care to full-mouth aesthetic and restorative procedures, and always with attention to each patient’s individual needs. Above all, Dr. Vero strives to provide the best, conservative, and thorough care in a pleasant and comfortable manner.
A New York, NY native, Dr. Vero earned his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Columbia University School of Dentistry and Oral Surgery. He completed his general dental residency program at Westchester County Medical Center and chose to specialize in prosthodontics by completing a fellowship in prosthodontics at Albert Einstein / Montefiore Medical Center College of Medicine.
After completing his formal education, Dr. Vero joined the faculty of several institutes of higher education:
- Columbia University – Seminar Facilitator/Lecturer in Ethics, 1989-present
- Hackensack University Medical Center – Attending in Dentistry, 1990-2010
- Montefiore Medical Center – Attending in Dentistry, 1985-1993
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center – Attending in Dentistry, 1973-1989
- Columbia University – Associate Clinical Professor, 1973-1989
Dr. Vero’s expertise in the area of prosthodontics and laser-assisted dentistry has led him to provide over 900 lectures on various prosthodontic subjects for crowns and bridges, removable prosthesis, overdentures, implants, and laser-assisted dentistry from a prosthodontic and restorative point-of-view.
- American College of Dentists
- American College of Prosthodontists
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Prosthodontic Society
- American Society for Laser Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- New York Academy of Dentistry
- New York County Dental Society
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Bergen County Dental Society
- Epsilon Epsilon Chapter OKU – Dental Honor Society
- PSI Omega Fraternity
- New Jersey Dental Laser Forum
Outside the Office
Dr. Vero currently lives in Bergen County. He and his wife have been blessed with two children and three beautiful grandchildren. His personal interests include photography, cooking, skiing, lecturing, gardening, and studying philosophy and ethics.